Day 98 of My Italian Learning Journal*
Tonight, several of my family members and I will attend a live performance of a seasonal classic story: "A Christmas Story." The play is based on a comedy film directed by Bob Clark and based on Jean Shepherd's semi-fictional anecdotes about one Christmas when he was nine years old and all he wanted for Christmas was a Red Ryder BB Carbine. The film has become a classic that is played on television for 24-hours on Christmas Day.
- Stasera io e diversi membri della mia famiglia andremo ad una produzione teatrale.
Tonight I and several family members will attend a theater production.
- E' una commedia che racconta la storia di un ragazzo che vuole una carabina Red Ryder per Natale. (La carabina Red Ryder è un fucile ad aria compressa.)
The story is a comedy about a boy who wants a Red Ryder BB Carbine for Christmas.
- E' un film classico trasmesso sempre in televisione nel periodo di Natale.
It's a classic film that is presented on television every Christmas season.
- Una stazione televisiva riproduce il film per 24 ore il giorno di Natale.
One television station plays the film for 24 hours on Christmas day.
- Da ragazzo anch'io volevo una carabina Red Ryder.
When I was a boy I too wanted a Red Ryder BB Carbine.
[ Grazie a mikael-sixsix ]
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.