Our high school teaches our students the importance of community service and provides opportunities for service projects. In fact, we require our students to perform community service each school year. We live in the coastal city of Corpus Christi, Texas, and we are concerned about our beaches. Recently a group of our students participated in the Adopt A Beach program, filling many bags of debris found on the beach. The students also learned how long beach debris takes to decompose. For example, a plastic bottle can take 450 years to decompose.
-- Beach Clean Up Volunteers from St. John Paul II High School --
- I nostri studenti godono di servire la nostra comunità.
Our students enjoy serving our community.
- Un gruppo di nostri studenti ha contribuito a pulire una zona di spiaggia.
A group of our students helped clean a beach area.
- Gli studenti hanno imparato quanto tempo i residui marini prendono per decomporsi.
The students learned how long marine debris takes to decompose.
- Lattine di alluminio ci vorranno 200 anni per decomporsi.
Aluminum cans will take 200 years to decompose.
- Clicca qui per un grafico interessante.
Click here for an interesting chart.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.
I would like to see some examples of how Italians use this expression.