Day 116 of My Italian Learning Journal*
The theme for today's post is the "database," a collection of information that is organized so that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated. In reality, what is often referred to as a "database" is actually a"desktop application." What I use is a browser-based web application. This morning I worked on our school's student data management service to ensure that all of our students had correct class schedules for the Spring Semester. Although I have been doing this sort of work for many years I am still amazed at how these systems function. A couple of decades ago a department such as mine used a chart on a 4-foot x 8-foot board to keep the tally of class sizes, and now the information is maintained "in the cloud."
- Dopo una vacanza eccellente, oggi sono tornato al lavoro.Ater an excellent holiday, today I went back to work.
- Il mio primo compito è stato quello di rivedere gli orari di classe per gli studenti.
My first task was to review class schedules for students.
- È possibile controllare gli orari degli studenti attraverso un'applicazione desktop.
You can check the students' schedules through a desktop application.
- L'uso di un sistema di computer è utile.
The use of a computer system is helpful.
[ Grazie a mikael-sixsix ]
[ Grazie a sailorcya ]
[ Grazie a sailorcya ]
[ Grazie a ernestoaloia1 ]Alla prossima!
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.
Eccomi qui di nuovoReplyDelete
Il tuo italiano sta veramente migliorando molto, complimenti.
Solo due consigli per rendere più fluida la traduzione in Italiano.
- Dopo una vacanza eccellente, oggi sono tornato al lavoro.
In questa frase mettere l'avverbio di tempo "oggi" prima del verbo rende più fluente la frase in italiano.
- Utilizzare un programma/software (un'applicazione desktop installata sul computer) è molto utile.
Here I am again
Your Italian is really improving a lot, congratulations.
Just two tips to make the translation more fluent in Italian.
- After an excellent holiday, today I went back to work.
In this sentence, putting the adverb of time "today" before the verb makes the sentence more fluent in Italian.
- Use a program / software (a desktop application installed on your computer) is very useful.
Have a nice day
Hi, Mik. I reworded some phrases. It is interesting how I am having to re-think how the English phrases can be restructured for better translations. I appreciate your continuing assistance. ~TedDelete