Day 123 of My Italian Learning Journal*
As I have mentioned before, I created this blog to stay motivated in learning Italian by writing a short script each day. Just when I think that I will not have an interesting topic something interesting does come up. Today I received two table lambs I had ordered for my wife and one of the lamps has a faulty switch -- the lamp is new! Rather than going to the trouble of shipping the table lamp back, at my expense, I will tackle fixing the switch myself. What I will repair is a pull chain socket switch that has an interesting name: "On/Off Pull Chain Phenolic Socket." It appears that just about every field has its own nomenclature. My natural inclination for tinkering and fixing things is an asset, as are the resource on youtube.com.
- Ho ordinato due lampade da tavolo su Internet.
I ordered two tabletop lamps on the Internet.
- Le lampade sono arrivate oggi.
The lamps arrived today.
- Una delle lampade ha un interruttore difettoso.
One of the lamps has a faulty switch.
- Non voglio inviare la lampada indietro, e io fissare il cattivo interruttore.I do not want to send the lamp back, and I will fix the bad switch.
- Sì, posso essere un tuttofare che può accettare una sfida.
Yes, I can be a handyman who can accept a challenge.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.