Day 143 of My Italian Learning Journal*
With a rare lunar eclipse coming tomorrow, January 31, 2018, I surfed the web for some superstitions about eclipses. Here are a few:
- Tibetan Buddhists are said to believe that the good and bad deeds you do during a lunar eclipse are multiplied tenfold.
- A South African myth stresses that It’s up to the people to come together and encourage the celestial bodies to resolve their fighting.
- Some Native American tribes say that lunar eclipses are a sign of a transformation to come on Earth.
- According to Joel 2:31: “The Sun will turn to darkness, and the Moon to blood before the great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.”
- In some cultures, expectant mothers are advised to stay indoors when the Moon turns dark to avoid a curse on their unborn child.
- Among the Incan civilizations, there was a brief that Blood Moons occurred when a mythological jaguar attacked and ate the Moon.
Video Explains The Lunar Eclipse
- Ci sono state molte credenze diverse sulle eclissi lunari.
There have been many different beliefs about lunar eclipses.
- L'Inca credeva che un eclissato lunare fosse il risultato di un giaguaro che attaccava la luna e lo mangiava.
The Inca believed that a lunar eclipsed was the result of a jaguar that attached the moon and ate it.
- Molte culture credevano che un'eclissi lunare fosse un cattivo presagio.
Many cultures believed that a lunar eclipse was a bad omen.
- Spero che il cielo è chiaro domani mattina così può vedere l'eclissi lunare.
I hope the sky is clear tomorrow morning so can see the lunar eclipse.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.