Day 128 of My Italian Learning Journal*
I was off work for a long weekend, and this afternoon I received an email from our administrators that our school would be closed tomorrow Tuesday due to expected freezing weather. Yes, it is an unusually cold winter for us in South Texas. During the winter time, we do have a lot of "Winter Texans" -- visitors from the north. This year the number of Winter Texans may be even greater. (Now for a practice script in Italian -- grammar corrections are welcome.)
- Tempo di congelamento è previsto per diversi giorni.
Freezing weather is expected for several days.
- La scuola superiore dove lavoro sarà chiusa domani a causa del tempo gelido.
The high school where I work will be closed tomorrow because of the freezing weather.
- Viaggiare su strade ghiacciate sarà pericoloso.
Traveling on frozen roads will be dangerous.
- Spero che non ci saranno perdite di energia elettrica.
I'm hoping that there will not be any electric power failures.
- Vorrei rimanere a casa domani e vorrei leggere, bere il tè e studiare la lingua italiana.
I'll stay home tomorrow, and I will read, drink tea, and study Italian.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.
Post a Comment