Day 163 of My Italian Learning Journal*
From time to time I look at where my Italian learning time is going. One language learning expert I heard on youtube placed great emphasis on reading, especially at the beginning stage. I have been spending a majority of tilme on reading and writing. On a video-cast, I saw recently the suggestion was to place more time on listening and speaking. So I'm going to shift more of the limited time I have to listen more to native speakers online, and to practicing monologues since I learning Italian on my own. Books, I have plenty of books. I'll see where the shift of time leads me. (Next is a practice script in Italian -- grammar corrections are welcome.)
- Mentre leggo sull'apprendimento di una nuova lingua, trovo diversi suggerimenti su dove iniziare.
As I read about learning a new language I find different suggestions about where to start.
- Alcuni suggerimenti sottolineano l'ascolto, altri la lettura, altri ancora parlano.
Some suggestions emphasis listening, others reading, yet others speaking.
- Per me leggere un nuovo linguaggio sembra un modo più semplice per iniziare.
For me reading a new language seems easier.
- La sfida per me è il parlare.
The challenge for me is the speaking.
- Sposterò più tempo per ascoltare e parlare.
I will shift more time to listening and to speaking.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.