Day 171 of My Italian Learning Journal*
One of the stories featured on the nationally televised news tonight was about the world's largest airplane. The “Stratolaunch” is described as a 500,000-pound beast with twin fuselages and a wingspan of 385 feet -- that's longer than a football field! What's the purpose of this huge airplane? -- lifting rockets into the stratosphere before launching them into space. The plane is still in development and has yet to fly. So, don't call your airline to book a seat just yet.
- L'aereo più grande del mondo è stato costruito.
The world's largest airplane has been built.
- Il suo nome è Stratolanuch.
Its name is Stratolanuch.
- Lo scopo di Stratolaunch è quello di sollevare i razzi nella stratosfera prima di lanciarli.
The purpose of Stratolaunch is to lift rockets into the stratosphere before launching them.
- L'aereo ha in realtà due fusoliere.
The airplane actually has two fuselages.
- Lo stratolounch è ancora in fase di sviluppo e non ha ancora lasciato il terreno.
The Stratolaunch is still under development and has not yet left the ground.
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.