Day 179 of My Italian Learning Journal*
Arturo Vittori, an Italian architect, and industrial designer seeks to provide drinking water for rural communities in the developing parts of the world with his wooden Warka Water structures. The tower is made with a bamboo frame that supports a mesh polyester material inside. Rain, fog, and dew condenses against the mesh and falls down a funnel into a reservoir at the base. A fabric canopy shades the lower sections of the tower to prevent the collected water from evaporating. No machines are needed to build the tower. Below I have placed a link to the organization's website. (Next is a short script for practicing Italian -- grammar corrections are welcome.)
- Arturo Vittoi è un architetto italiano. Arturo Vittoi is an Italian architect.
- Ha progettato la Warka Water Tower. He has designed the Warka Water Tower.
- La Warka Water Tower può raccogliere l'acqua potabile dall'umidità presente nell'aria. The Warka Water Tower can harvest drinking water from the moisture in the air.
- Queste strutture hanno la capacità di fornire l'acqua dove l'acqua è scarsa. These structures have the capacity of providing water where water is scarce.
- Per visitare il sito Web dell'organizzazione Warka Water, clicca qui. To visit the Warka Water organization's website click here.
[ Grazie a Mikela-july ]Alla prossima!
[ Grazie ad _ADM_ ]
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.