I often find myself going from one book to another, as I find references to interesting people and topics. Thus I found myself looking up Elizabeth Blackwell -- the first woman doctor in the United States. She was born on February 3, 1821, in Bristol, England, and came to the United States as a young girl later becoming the first woman to receive her M.D., overcoming many social obstacles in the United States. She created a medical school for women in the late 1860's. I am rather surprised that more has not been heard about Elizabeth Blackwell during the women's movement.
Eventually, she returned to England and set up a private practice. (Next is a practice script in Italian . . . grammar corrections are welcome.)
- Elizabeth Blackwell è stata la primo donna medico donna negli Stati Uniti. Blackwell was the first woman physician in the United States.
- È nata in Inghilterra ed è arrivata negli Stati Uniti da ragazzina.
She was born in England and came to the United States as a young girl.
- Nonostante l'opposizione diffusa, entrò nel college di medicina e si laureò per prima nella sua classe.
Despite widespread opposition, she entered medical college and graduated first in her class.
- Ha creato una scuola medica per donne alla fine del 1860.
She created a medical school for women in the late 1860's.
- Alla fine è tornata in Inghilterra e ha aperto uno studio privato.
Eventually, she returned to England and set up a private practice.
[ Grazie ad Arben Kqiku ]
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.
Elizabeth Blackwell è stata la primo medico donna negli Stati Uniti.ReplyDelete
Il resto è corretto!
Grazie ancora. Alla prossima. ~TedDelete