Day 209 of My Italian Learning Journal*
Next weekend our city will host a celebration of the life and music of Selena, who grew up in Corpus Christi, Texas. In the past individuals from many parts of the globe have attended this festival. The event is called Fiesta de la Flor. In reading some of the reviews of Selena's music I came across a quote: "Italian essayist Gaetano Prampolini wrote that "Selena's voice projected a sonorous warmth and joyfulness" during her review of Selena's cumbia recordings." (Wikipedia) It is interesting how a hometown girl has captivated so many fans. with her Tejano music. At age 23 Selena had a tragic death, yet her music lives on. (Corrections to my Italian grammar in my practice script below are welcome.)
|Fiesta de la Flor FaceBook|
- La nostra città ospiterà una celebrazione della vita e della musica di Selena.
Our city will host a celebration of the life and music of Selena.
- Selena è cresciuta a Corpus Christi, in Texas.
Selena grew up in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Molti fan di Selena vengono a questo festival da molte parti del mondo.
Many fans of Selena come to this festival from many parts of the world.
- Selena è morta tragicamente all'età di 23 anni, nel 1995.
Selena had a tragic death at age 23 in 1995.
- Il nostro porto turistico ha una statua di Selena che molte persone vengono a vedere e fotografare.
Our marina has a statue of Selena that many individuals come to see and photograph.
[ Grazie a taerileen ]
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.