Day 223 of My Italian Learning Journal*
Busy day, fun day. This morning I took thirteen of our students to volunteer on a construction site of a house being built by Habitat for Humanity-Corpus Christi. Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit housing organization working in nearly 1,400 communities across the United States and in approximately 70 countries around the world. Habitat for Humanity works in a number of different ways to create decent, affordable housing. Our thirteen students and I arrived at the construction site and spent the morning painting the interior walls of the living room, dining area, bedrooms, bath, and closets. The students' clothing was a bit more colorful by noontime. (Corrections of my grammar in the practice Italian script below are welcome.)
- Habitat for Humanity lavora per creare alloggi a prezzi accessibili.
Habitat for Humanity works to create affordable housing.
- Oggi io e un gruppo di studenti delle scuole superiori abbiamo lavorato come volontari in un cantiere di una casa di Habitat for Humanity.
Today I and a group of high school students worked as volunteers at a construction site of a Habitat for Humanity house.
- Gli studenti hanno dipinto le pareti interne della casa.
The students painted the interior walls of the house.
- Per pranzo, abbiamo mangiato molta pizza.
For lunch, we ate lots of pizza.
- - - - - - - - - -*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.