|USS Lexington in Corpus Christi, Texas|
Day 210 of My Italian Learning Journal*
One of the attractions in our marina is a floating museum. The USS Lexington was donated to our city as a museum in 1992. The Lexington was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2003. The ship was first launched in 1942 during World War II. It is an Essex-class aircraft carrier. The length of the Lexington is 910 feet overall – three football fields in length. During WWII the Japanese reported the ship sunk four times, thus the nickname for the Lexington became “The Blue Ghost.” The Lexington has been featured in several films. In 2007, the TV show Ghost Hunters filmed aboard the USS Lexington, looking for evidence of ghosts. (Corrections to my Italian grammar in my practice script below are welcome.)
- La nostra città ospita la USS Lexington.
- Our city is home to the USS Lexington.
- La USS Lexington servì nella seconda guerra mondiale.
- The USS Lexington served in World War II.
- La nave è stata trasformata in un museo.
- The ship is now a museum.
- La Lexington è stata utilizzata come set cinematografico per diversi film.
- The Lexington has been used as a movie set for several films.
Grazie per i commenti da
- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.