Day 207 of My Italian Learning Journal*
Years before I was born, Walt Disney was producing cartoon movies. He gathered many talented artists. All the artwork was done by painting – unlike today with the magic of digital animation. As a lone learner, the Italian I have learned is still rudimentary. Now I look for videos to watch that are not to complex: thus, some children’s stories or cartoons. On youtube.com I found a 1933 Walt Disney cartoon of “The Three Little Pigs” dubbed in Italian. Though some of the Italian words escape me, it is still fun to watch and to listen and capture as much of the meaning as possible. Below my practice Italian script, I have embedded “I Tre Porcellini” for your amusement. (Corrections for my Italian grammar are welcome.)
- Sin da ragazzo ho apprezzato le opere di Walt Disney.
Even as a boy I appreciated the artwork of Walt Disney.
- I primi cartoni animati di Disney erano incredibili opere d'arte.
The early cartoons were amazing works of art.
- Ho trovato molti cartoni animati doppiati in italiano su internet.
I found many cartoon movies that are dubbed in Italian.
- Questo medoto per imparare l'italiano si chiamerà "Laugh & Learn".
I will call this the “Laugh & Learn” method for learning Italian.
- Credo che sia una buona idea mantenere vivo il nostro bambino interiore.
I believe it is good to keep the inner child alive.
[ Grazie a oppaichan, danielecip, valentiname ]
I Tre Porcellini (Walt Disney, 1933 - Doppiaggio Originale)- - - - - - - - - -
*Note: This is my personal journal of daily practice in learning Italian. I welcome Italian grammar corrections. Grazie.